About Me

My photo
I Dont Really Care What People Think About Me. I Be Myself, And I Love Who I Am. And Thats All That Matters.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Uato-Carbau My Lovely Place

Uato-Carbau My Lovely Place

My favourite place is my hometown Uato-Carbau. It is an isolated small village which is located in the south east part of the eastern province of East Timor. This home town of mine is rich in natural resources, such as oil with its famous name Timor Gap, marble and a beautiful beach for tourism.
I really love my hometown very much because it was the place where I was born and brought up, and not because of its resources. It was the place where my eyes opened for the first time to see the world, and it was the first time I spoke the first word in my life. I still remember the experiences of mine in of my childhood there. Aside from this, there I learned to love people, to work on the farm, to build friendships and to help each other. I still remember when one of my neighbours passed away my parents asked my brother and uncle to go there and offer themselves if there was anything that we could do to help (the family) who
mourned for the loss of their beloved. This was a small and simple help, yet it had a deep meaning because after so many years this family still considers us as a part of them. Even until today, I do believe that any small thing that we do with a sincere heart to those in need will always be remembered wherever you are.
Now, after so many years my family has moved to the city for our further studies, yet Uato-Carbau is still in our hearts. I hope one day I could see all my friends and the people who have been part of my life and spend sometimes with them to recall again the lovely past experiences we had. I also long to see the natural resources of Uato-Carbau and swim at its beaches as I did in my childhood life with fun and joy at that time.

No comments: